This is a Houdini SOP node that generates rock geometry with UV coordinates and a material.
The procedure is as follows (each step can be turned on/off):
- Select a base shape, either a sphere, a randomly generated shape or use input geometry.
- Transform the base shape.
- Apply remeshing and smoothing.
- Displace the base shape with various noises. There are five different types of displacements that can be applied and each type can use multiple types of noises.
- Add details such as small rocks or crystals on the rock surface.
- Apply an additional transform.
- Apply additional remeshing and smoothing.
- Apply polygon reduction.
- Create UV coordinates.
- Apply a final transform.
- Apply a procedural material which can also be baked to a file.
The material is provided as a separate SOP node asset since it needs access to the geometry to calculate some attributes used by the material.
Date: 22 March 2020
Supported Houdini versions: 16 - 19.5
The asset is provided as either a locked/blackboxed HDA (the nodes inside cannot be viewed/edited) or unlocked (editable) HDA file and can be used in Houdini FX, Core, Indie and Apprentice. Both versions contain the same features.
- You may use the asset for both non-commercial and commercial purposes.
- The locked/blackboxed (non-editable) asset file is licensed for one user. The file is not locked to a specific computer and may be copied if needed.
- The unlocked (editable) asset file may be used by multiple users at the same company, however it is appreciated if one file is purchased per user.
- You may not make the asset file available for download elsewhere, by itself or as part of another asset or project.
Note: the video is from version 1.5 and a lot of improvements and changes have been done since then.
If you have any questions, feature requests or bug reports please contact me.
Please leave a rating if you purchase this asset, thanks!
If you are not happy with the purchase, feel free to contact me for a full refund.